Dec 17, 2009

I am so tired of Tiger Woods...

Ye gods!  You can't read anything without stumbling onto a story about Tiger Woods nowadays.  I don't play golf.  I don't watch golf.  I don't even like golf.  I'm not now nor have I ever been interested in Tiger Woods.  But he's every-freaking-where now!  Hell, he's even on my personal blog.  The whole stinking issue has blown up so big that it has now reached some sort of celebrity critical mass that is perpetually self-sustaining.  Personally I think this says more negative about us as a culture than it does about Tiger.

The man is a golfer.  He's a private citizen.  Whether he's a good husband and father isn't any of our business.  Who cares if he was faithful to his wife or had sex with everything that moved for the last 10 years?  (Unless you are a personal friend or family member, of course.  Then you care a lot.)  Leave the man and his wife alone.  Quit clogging up the news media with more and more dirt on the whole affair.

I really kinda hope that every news person that has reported on this beyond what it actually deserved someday has the media focused on them mercilessly for weeks at a time in such a manner that it completely wrecks their lives.  After all, we all likely have skeletons in our closet if someone were to dig deep enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment